All projects will be operating virtually until further notice.
- Designed to create significant strategic impact on the organization.
- Addresses business-related issues within the organization such as strategic planning, organizational development, finance, and marketing.
- Scaled and focused, to be completed by a volunteer team of 3-5 consultants working 2-4/hrs per week individually over 3-4 months.
- Examples of typical projects include:
- Strategic Planning Process
- Market Assessment
- Operational Review
- Business Planning
- Board Governance
- Financial Sustainability & Development
- Marketing/Communications/Branding Strategy
- Growth Plan
- Revenue/Earned Income Plan (excludes direct fundraising activities)
- See our former client list.
- Project Kickoff – 2 hours
- This is the initial meeting between clients and alumni volunteers. It’s an opportunity to share an introduction of the organization and to review the current challenges. The project team has an opportunity to ask questions and gather information to better understand the organization and the project. The scope of the project and project plan will be captured in an Engagement Letter.
- Volunteer Team Work – 3-4 month, 2-4 hours/week
- Milestone Presentations – 1 hour
- The project team will prepare interim and final presentations of their results to share with all the key and executive stakeholders, often including Board members.
- Step 1: Clients are encouraged to submit an Inquiry Form prior to an application. After an initial phone conversation confirming fit, organizations should submit a project application before the deadline.
- Step 2: Download the Consulting Application for Nonprofits.
- Applications are accepted twice a year. Deadlines are July 15 for a Fall project and November 15 for a Winter/Spring project.
- Step 3: The Community Partners Steering Committee will review applications, meet with prospective clients, and select projects within 1 month post the application deadline.
Consulting applicants must:
- Be in operation for over a year
- Be staffed with a full-time Executive Director in place for at least a year and have at least 2 other paid staff members
- Have an annual operating budget of at least $500,000