- Opportunity to explore a specific business issue or idea with a group of HBS alumni.
- Helpful for new organizations still formulating their strategies, as well as established nonprofits needing to address a new opportunity or specific challenge.
- High-energy approach involving participants with relevant skill sets and experience.
- 4-8 HBS alumni volunteers committed to a two-hour discussion.
- Allow alumni to put their skills to use with a limited time commitment.
- Applications are accepted three times a year: October 1, March 1, June 1.
- Step 1: Interested clients submit an application.
- Step 2: Once we receive the application, a phone call will be scheduled to explore the project’s fit for a brainstorming session.
- Download Application for a Brainstorming Session.
- Be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a mission which benefits the community generally
- Be in operation for over a year
- Be be a non-religious or political organization
- Have a concise focus question: a single, clearly-defined challenge or new idea or a group of related issues, not requiring additional research in order to comment or add value. Examples include:
- Ways to increase the organization’s visibility and reach
- Articulating the value proposition
- Feedback on an organization’s “pitch”
- Tactical marketing ideas
- The client will provide a meeting space at a convenient location.
- The client will provide a simple meal for the participants.
- The client will provide some brief background materials at least 2 weeks in advance to help prepare the participants to engage in a discussion focused on the brainstorming topic.
- Introduction – 15 minutes (bios will be distributed in advance)
- Brief Overview of the Organization by the Client – 15 minutes
- Open Discussion/Brainstorming – 90 minutes
Fast. Focused. Impactful.
Click on the opportunities you see in each of the sections above for details